[MS4W-Users] MapServer, Mapfile and WMS

Saint zpsantos1 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:05:06 EST 2012

Dear all,

I' m writing one mapfile using the connection to PostgreSQL DB and adding
WMS capabilities. However, I can' t see the result in the browser when I
type *http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv/Africa.map* In windows system is not
this path with the MS4W but i don't know in Linux the right path. Also I
don't know if it is correct the wms parameters. I'm using Linux OS Ubuntu
Distribution.

Thanks for your time.
Jose Santos

I send my mapfile:

MAP # Start of Mapfile
 NAME ‘Africa’
 SIZE 600 400
 EXTENT -31.269 -54.464 63.503 39.727
 UNITS METERS
 IMAGECOLOR 200 254 199

WEB # Parameter WEB
 METADATA
 "wms_title" "wms_Africa"
 "wms_onlineresource" "http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv/Africa.map"
 "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"

LAYER # Parameter Layer
 NAME ‘Africa’
 STATUS Default
 TYPE POLYGON
 CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
 CONNECTION “dbname=Environment_Models user=postgres host=localhost
password=postgres”
 DATA “the_geom FROM Mask_Py USING UNIQUE gid USING SRID=0″

CLASS # Parameter Class
 NAME ‘Africa’

STYLE # Parameter Style
 COLOR 200 254 199