[MS4W-Users] GML Invalid exterior ring

Moffatt, Greg Greg.Moffatt at amec.com
Thu Jan 10 13:49:35 EST 2013

Having cross-posted this elsewhere, allow me to post the solution:

The problem was resolved on the GDAL list.

At the request of Even Rouault, I logged a GDAL ticket on the issue (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4934), and he addressed it right away.

In the meantime, I stripped the redundant attributes from the XML by casting it to a varchar(max), replacing the namespace attributes with nothing, and then replacing the root tag with one containing the attributes.  Casted that varchar back to XML and voila - everything works again.

Not the most eloquent solution, but it works.

Regards to all,
Greg