[MS4W-Users] Exception in thread "http-bio-8080-exec-7" java.lang.UnknownError: msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'borewell'.; msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error. Cannot create OCI Handlers. Connection failure. Check the connection string. Error: ORA-06413: Connection not open.

shiva.sk4 kshivashankar at pixelsoftek.com
Thu Nov 7 23:45:14 EST 2013

Hello Everybody,

This query may have been posted already but none of the solutions previously
mentioned on this forum solve my problem. I am running ms4w v 3.0.3 with
Java JDK 1.6.0.45, Tomcat 7.0.41 with the spatial data stored in Oracle 11.2
on Windows 7 64bit OS. I followed all the steps mentioned in the following
link to enable MapServer support for Oracle Spatial. Link :
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/?page=README_INSTALL.html#oracle-10g-11g
<http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/?page=README_INSTALL.html#oracle-10g-11g>

The *mapserv -v* command returns a string that contains
*INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL* and also *ogrinfo --formats* returns OCI format
appended to the first in the list. Further I even tested the query string
using *ogrinfo OCI:username/password at service* which returned all the tables
in the oracle schema. Also, tested the mapfile using the *shp2img* utility,
which generated a map image. The problem occurs if I try to use the mapfile
with Java web application deployed in Tomcat. Is there any other setting I
need to do?

Regards,
Shiva Shankar