[MS4W-Users] MapCache requires "SERVICE=WMS", and Support for Multiple Projections in one Layer

James_in_Utah James.Evans at hill.af.mil
Sat Jan 18 13:21:30 EST 2014

Hi,
I'm using the MS4W 3.0.4 dev version of MS4W/MapCache, and running into a
couple of problems that have been fixed in the latest full versions of
Mapserver/Mapcache.  I would like to demo our mapcache to our user by having
them hit the Beeldblad html WMS client, but it insists on stripping out the
"SERVICE=WMS" parameter which seems to be required by the version of
MapCache that was packaged with MS4W.  Apparently this has been fixed for a
while in MapCache.  The other problem I'm running into is trying the use the
USDA NAIP image set, which has 10 different projections across the USA, and
I'd like to represent this as one Layer.  Apparently the latest MapServer
addresses this.  Is there any estimate on when these two fixes will be
rolled out in a new MS4W version?  Is there an easy way to upgrade my
MapCache to the latest version while still using the dev version of MS4W?
Thanks,
James