[OSRS-PROJ] PROJ4 and datums

Gerald I. Evenden gevenden at capecod.net
Mon Apr 3 15:27:57 EDT 2000

Since the target coordinates are based upon the Bessel ellipsiod
the original WGS84 datum coordinates will almost certainly
require a datum correction.

In any case of datum conversion of cartesian data, the data must be:

1. cartesian to geographic (inverse projection),

2. datum conversion in geographic space and finally

3. converted to cartesian (forward projection).

*Nad2nad* will take care of this entire operation but ONLY for USA data.
In your case, you will need to some procedure to take care of
step 2. Proj can take care of steps 1 and 3 provided correct
ellipsoid is given.  Note, the above steps are those carried out
in *nad2nad*.

Jerry Evenden and the low riders: Katie and Daisy-Mae
gevenden at capecod.net  http://www.capecod.net/~gevenden