[OSRS-PROJ] projUV / UV

Frank Warmerdam warmerda at home.com
Wed Apr 26 10:14:36 EDT 2000

Folks,

One of the changes to PROJ requested for Windows portability was to rename
UV as it conflicted with some windows define.  I modified the structure name
to projUV in all the PROJ.4 code in the 4.4.0/1 releases.  However, I didn't
really think it through very carefully, and as released there is no way for
a program being built to detect whether it should use UV or projUV.  I have
modified projects.h to #define USE_PROJUV in newer versions so that applications
can check for this.  Unfortunately PROJ 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 will still be hard to
identify.  For anyone in a pinch it should be sufficient to #define projUV to
UV before #including projects.h if USE_PROJUV isn't used.