[OSRS-PROJ] projUV / UV

Gerald I. Evenden gevenden at capecod.net
Wed Apr 26 10:43:13 EDT 2000

You catch me at a bad time as I am about to upgrade my system
and do a lot of moving and backup so my source of PROJ is
in current limbo.  But, ...

I realize that defines used in one system may be inconflict with other,
totally unrelated, systems but I question the desirablility of the method
to resolve this problem, especially one that requires changes to basic
elements of either system.  BTW, when referring to "windows" are we
talking M$ or X11?

A second point is release number and basic designation of PROJ.4.
This brings up the point as to the "official" source point of PROJ.4.
In some cases, this is view as the USGS site kai.er.usgs.gov.
It is going to get *very* confusing if different sites come up with
individual audit trails on their release numbers for the basic
designation of "PROJ.4."

This is not supplying solutions, just raising some issues.

Jerry Evenden and the low riders: Katie and Daisy-Mae
gevenden at capecod.net  http://www.capecod.net/~gevenden