[OSRS-PROJ] Problem with geod sources

Gerald I. Evenden gevenden at capecod.net
Fri Jun 9 13:52:42 EDT 2000

It looks like you are trying to determine the inverse usage of
geod (lat1 lon1 lat2 lon2 -> azi1 azi2 dist) but because the inverse
option (-I) is not specified, you are doing the forward (lat1 lon1 azi
distance ->
lat2 lon2 azi2).

No comments until I see the correct inverse execution of:

geod -I +ellps=WGS84

and those input/output results.

I'm not saying geod is right or wrong but we got to make a
correct statement of out intents.  It may well have a problem because
specifying either polar point creates *all sorts* of problems.  ;-)

Jerry Evenden and the Low Riders, Katie and  Daisy May
gevenden at capecod.net  http://www.capecod.net/~gevenden