[OSRS-PROJ] Fwd: [Re: [GRASS5] coorcnv library]

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat May 20 15:08:19 EDT 2000

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 04:07:51PM -0400, Gerald I. Evenden wrote:
> I am interested in keeping somewhat abreast of PROJ.4 usage but except
> for the NAD datum conversions, I don't have much experience in this
> specialized field.
Perhaps you can advise us in specific problems later!

> I had lost track of GRASS shortly after CERL's demise.  I guess it has
> been kicked around between several institutions.  Is MAPGEN still
> a part of it?  Just curious.
Since 1998 the GRASS development is coordinated by "GRASS Development
Team" headquartered at University of Hannover (Germany) and Baylor
University (Texas) with support of GMS Labs/University of Illinois
and contributions of many people worldwide. It is worth looking at it!

MAPGEN is not part of the standard distribution any more, but
we have the code on our server in an extra package (currently
unmaintained).

Find it all here (choose nearest server):
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/
The Baylor site is linked, the mirror sites as well.

Kind regards

  Markus Neteler
  GRASS 5 Coordinator