[OSRS-PROJ] datum shift

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Wed May 24 12:44:42 EDT 2000

Hi,

i have some questions relating to the different datum shift formulae.
I would be glad if someone could give me an answer or a pointer for the
world wide web.

What is the difference between the Bursa-Wolf transformation and the
(3d) similarity transformation? On some web-pages theses terms are used
interchangebly, others imply that there are different
formula/parameters.

What is the difference between the Molodensky transformation and the
"abridged Molodensky" transformation. I only found the description of
the Molodensky transformation on Peter H. Dana's excellent webpages
(http://www.utexas.edu/depts/grg/gcraft/notes/datum).

Thanks a lot in advance,

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de, A.C.Lange at GMX.net