[OSRS-PROJ] WGS84/GEODETIC Projection

Brian Hall brian.hall at simauthor.com
Wed Nov 22 16:07:56 EST 2000

Hiya!

Thanks for the quick reply!!

We are trying to translate lat/long pairs (in degrees) to x,y coordinates
(in feet) to be used by our 3D Graphics environment.

This is our current setup:

	char longMerd[20];

	if (point._long > 0.0)
		sprintf(longMerd, "+lon_0=%de", (int)point._long);
	else
		sprintf(longMerd, "+lon_0=%dw", (int)abs(point._long));

	char *args[] = {"proj=utm", "ellps=clrk66", longMerd};

	_projection = pj_init(3,args);

      for(;;) // all points to project
	{
		UV projectCoords;

		projectCoords.u = DEG2RAD(point._long);
		projectCoords.v = DEG2RAD(point._lat);
		projectCoords   = pj_fwd(projectCoords, _projection);

		x = projectCoords.u
		y = projectCoords.v
	}

This is working great except now we have some images that we are drawing
paths on that are in the WGS84/GEODETIC projection.  We would like to just
change out the projection to use this projection instead of Clark 1866.

Brian