[OSRS-PROJ] Re: GEOD Quandary

Gerald I. Evenden gevenden at capecod.net
Thu Nov 30 10:48:21 EST 2000

>From below:

geod +ellps=WGS84 +lat_1=45d19'N +lon_1=075d34'W +lat_2=44d15'N
+lon_2=76d34'W +n_S=20 > c:\output.txt

All I can say is: "huh?"  The last I looked, geod does not have "+lat_1=
..." arguments.
All data to be converted are obtained from either sysin or files specified
on the runline!
Secondly, it would appear that the inverse (point to point distance) is
desired but
neither "invgeod" execution name nor -I argument are employed.

Try:

geod -I +ellps=WGS84 +n_S=20 >output.txt <<EOF
45d19'N 075d34'W 44d15'N 76d34'W
EOF

Note: in Unix execution form.

Jerry Evenden and the Low Riders, Katie and  Daisy May
gevenden at capecod.net  http://www.capecod.net/~gevenden