[OSRS-PROJ] Support for Transverse Mercator south-oriented projection.

Gerald I. Evenden gevenden at capecod.net
Wed Sep 20 13:16:15 EDT 2000

I certainly do not want to get into a brouhaha over the upside down world
other than offer my last comments on this issue.

Granted there is probably a bit of chavenism with having the North as
positive and oriented at the top of maps but since the bulk of the world
population lives in the northern hemisphere this makes a reasonable
choice and, because we have the most votes, it should be a standard.

Secondly, since the polarity is total arbitrary with no word from God
as to what is right or wrong, the choice to choose a southern polarity
was obviously thumbing the nose at those who stayed behind in the
north.  I'm just responding: "Your mother wears combat boots!"  ;-)

In the meantime, the majority of the population has to do cartwheels
for the minority's vanity.

Jerry Evenden and the Low Riders, Katie and  Daisy May
gevenden at capecod.net  http://www.capecod.net/~gevenden