Vedr: [OSRS-PROJ] NTv1 (Canadian) Grid Shifts, and proj_def.dat

Thomas Knudsen thk at kms.dk
Fri Apr 6 08:00:26 EDT 2001

> Second, I would like to change proj_def.dat to provide a default
ellipsoid
> of WGS84 (really would make it +datum=WGS84).  The assumption is that in
> this day and age WGS84 is a better default than clrk66 (normally NAD27).

Wouldn't it be better to select GRS80 as the default ellipsoid? (obviously,
the
difference would be minor, but GRS80 is the one actually recommended by
the International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG)

--
Thomas Knudsen, Research Geophysicist, Ph.D. |
National Survey and Cadastre - Denmark       | thk at kms.dk   tk at gfy.ku.dk