[OSRS-PROJ] nad2nad question

Richards, Ryan RRichards at BENHAM.com
Tue Jan 30 10:10:09 EST 2001

I am trying to convert nad27 coord data to nad83. I am using the following
command syntax:

nad2nad -i 27,spcs=3501,feet -o 83,spcs=3501,feet -r conus - 2621567.0316
415317.7324

I get the following output:

-31615.53       30.06

I am confused about two things:

1) Is the syntax correct? (I am trying to convert State=Oklahoma
Region=North data)

2) All I have are two data files for oklahoma data: okhpgn.los and
okhpgn.las. Why are my files seperated into thes two types. Can I used these
types or do I need to a) convert them into one file as is the other state
files shipped with proj or b) can I use them as is?

NOTE: These oklahoma data files are located in the proj directory
(/usr/local/share/proj) with the other data files shipped.

Thanks for any help!

Ryan Richards
Sr. Software Developer
Atkins Benham