[OSRS-PROJ] libproj.so

Peter S Galbraith GalbraithP at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Thu Apr 11 09:36:48 EDT 2002

> Hi, I use the the PROJ.4 library and there no problem with windows
>  but when i try with linux  the program is unable to locate and load
> PROJ.4(libproj.so).

There is no single version of Linux; there are many.  Are you compiling
from source?  If you are using an RPM-based distribution, try the rpm
package listed on the proj web page:

 ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/proj/PROJ.4-4.4.1-1.i586.rpm

I can't help more than that with it before I have never used it.

If you are using Debian GNU/Linux, there are proj packages for either the
old stable release of Debian, or the newer stuff:

 http://packages.debian.org/proj

I made those packages and use them all the time.  They should work.

> I think either libproj.so isn't in the right folder or GNMAKEFILE is not OK.

I don't know what GNMAKEFILE is.  There is no such file in my copy of
proj-4.4.5.tar.gz

Peter