[OSRS-PROJ] Compiling proj4 fails on RedHat 7.3

Scott Holmes scottholmes at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 25 00:06:25 EDT 2002

I had a similar problem with libtool.  Poking around on the net, I found
this:

"...
The above error is because your have a version of libtool on your
system that is < 1.4. Libtool 1.3.x copied a ltconfig and ltmain.sh
file into the build source. Libtool 1.4.x has only ltmain.sh and
ltconfig is generated automatically by ./configure (just look at the
size of aclocal.m4 before/after libtoolize/aclocal).
"

I renamed my ltconfig, which I believe is included in the CVS repository
then ran make distclean, ./configure, make, and make install.

Scott Holmes                   http://sholmes.ws
                                http://pages.sbcglobal.net/scottholmes
                                scottholmes at sbcglobal.net

   Independent Programmer/Analyst                  Passport 4GL
   PHP HTML Composer                PostgreSQL     Informix 4GL, SQL