[OSRS-PROJ] Proj4 documentation

Peter S Galbraith GalbraithP at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Tue Jun 18 13:50:40 EDT 2002

Mike Schmidt <mike at sepia.com> wrote:

> Hello Peter
>
> Absolutely. The intent is that the documentation be free, source
> included. Of course, we have to maintain some form of copyright, I
> think. Exactly what license this implies, I don't know yet. If you can
> help with that, I'll appreciate it, having only very little experience
> in these matters.

That's great Mike.  Many people have started to use the GNU FDL (Free
Document License), http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

However this license has some 'optional' features (invariant sections
and cover texts) which can render it non-free (as least according to the
Debian project).

The FDL is fine if these options aren't exercised, and but it's debated
when they are used.

Of course, you can probably use the GPL as well.

I'd be happy to help as quetions arise.  I am not a lawyer, but as a
member of the Debian project, it's a subject that I care about and will
try to help.  I'll want to package the documention for Debian as well.

Thanks,

Peter