[OSRS-PROJ] Re: Majordomo results: Hi

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 15 13:50:49 EST 2002

srinivas reddy kanamatha wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Yes. I copied the command line correctly. I am trying to convert the
> WGS84 to NAD27:2113 (michigan south ).
>
>   I keyed in the following input
>
> lat = 42.329867
> lon = -83.057190
>
> The desired output should be xy =2345029.400940,305024.741194
>
> and the program gives *\t* output. Please let me know if i keyed in the
> wrong values.
>
> I appreciate your quick response.

Srinivas,

I tried this (note that the input coordinate is typed in after hitting
enter on the command, and the result is echoed back after hitting enter):

warmerda at gdal[179]% cs2cs +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84 +to +init=nad27:2113 +units=us-ft
-83.057190 42.329867
2345076.92      305049.76 0.000

This doesn't match your expectation exactly, but it is close so we must
have the right general parameters.   The error (roughly 50 meters) could be
related to datum differences not properly accounted for by the NAD83 to NAD27
datum shift in the conus files.  It's hard to be sure.  How accurate do you
believe your expected response should be?