[OSRS-PROJ] proj.4 cvs and ftp acting funky?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 5 08:57:50 EDT 2002

Craig Miller wrote:
> Does anyone know what is wrong with the proj ftp and cvs servers?  Or
> more directly, can someone just email me a current tarball of the source?

Craig,

I have copied proj-4.4.5.tar.gz to my personal web server.  Try grabbing
from:

   http://gdal.velocet.ca/~warmerda/proj-4.4.5.tar.gz

> For the past couple of weeks, when I follow the links to download
> proj-4.4.5.tar.gz on http://www.remotesensing.org/proj/ The ftp server
> cannot be reached.  I tried reaching the server directly using ncftp and
> also could not connect.

Does your ip support reverse DNS lookup?  I do hear intermittent
reports from people who have trouble reaching ftp.remotesensing.org
but I haven't isolated what their problem is.  Its working fine for
me this morning.

> I then tried to grab the source via cvs and it hangs when trying to
> update the proj/docs directory.
>

> E.g. [root at server src]# cvs -d
> :pserver:anonymous at cvs.remotesensing.org:/cvsroot co proj
> cvs server: Updating proj
> U proj/.cvsignore
> U proj/AUTHORS
> U proj/COPYING
> U proj/ChangeLog
> U proj/HOWTO-RELEASE
> U proj/INSTALL
> U proj/Makefile.am
> U proj/Makefile.in
> U proj/NEWS
> U proj/README
> U proj/aclocal.m4
> U proj/config.guess
> U proj/config.sub
> U proj/configure
> U proj/configure.in
> U proj/install-sh
> U proj/libtool
> U proj/ltconfig
> U proj/ltmain.sh
> U proj/missing
> U proj/mkinstalldirs
> U proj/proj.spec
> cvs server: Updating proj/docs
> ^Ccvs [checkout aborted]: received interrupt signal
> [root at server src]# cvs -d
> :pserver:anonymous at cvs.remotesensing.org:/cvsroot co proj
> ? proj/confdefs.h
> ? proj/docs/.new.of90-284.
> cvs server: Updating proj
> cvs server: Updating proj/docs

Funky weird.  Note that the docs directory is by far the largest
chunk in CVS.