[OSRS-PROJ] nad2nad bombing

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 22 02:44:31 EDT 2003

I have a series of GPS-ed UTM points done in NAD83 datum but the topo charts I have on which to plot them are *old* NAD27 using Clarke ellipsoid.

I tried the following on my linux box to convert. The input file is just a text file of UTM pairs:

$ nad2nad -i 83,utm=10 -o 27,utm=10 -r ntv1_can.dat < /home/jb/docs/birds/NOS/bowron/txt/utm83.txt
Rel. 4.4.7, 31 March 2003