[OSRS-PROJ] orthographic projection with proj4 and mapserver.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 14 09:53:12 EDT 2003

Tom H wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have an orthographic projection working with mapserver and proj4 here;
> http://www.scriptsupport.co.uk/images/mapserv3.png
>
> the problem is that around the edges, the on-the-fly projection seems to
> be creating area that is not defined on the projection, and is being dumped
> into the centre of the image. and the interpolation of the boundary is creating
> lines that cause that "shards" effect on the image.

Tom,

I think this problem is in either the pj_transform() function in PROJ, or the
mapproj.c code in mapserver, not checking for projection errors properly (or
at all!).  If you can prepare a sample mapfile, data file and "shp2img"
argument list that produces the errors you showed then please submit as a
bug in the MapServer bugzilla and I will try to dig into it.

As Gerald points out, the returning of 0,0 is not likely caused by the core
PROJ.4 functions which seem to work fine.

Thanks,