[OSRS-PROJ] PROJ.4 usage in mapserver system - orthographic usage thread

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Fri Aug 15 11:38:07 EDT 2003

Further evaluation of mapserver seems to indicate that examination
of the return of procedure msProjectPoint's return value is not
made.  It appears that a fundamental flaw may exist within mapserver
that makes it fail when points cannot be projected because they
are out of range of the projection procedure.

An expert in the internals of mapserver needs to respond to this
assessment before anyone can proceed.

PS: traffic on this group seems to have dwindled---NE power outage?

--
Gerald I. Evenden <gerald.evenden at verizon.net>