[OSRS-PROJ] Winkel Tripel or Winkel 3 Projection

Paul Selormey paul at toolscenter.org
Sat Aug 23 10:17:28 EDT 2003

Thanks for the reply and the information.

> Winkel Tripel is in the proj system.

Sorry, I found it in the Aitoff implementation file, I was looking for
a file solely Winkel Tripel :-( since there as one for Winkel 1 and 2.

> Can't find any reference to Winkel III in Snyder's works.
> If you have a reference, I'd like to look at it.

I do not know, but is it different from Winkel Tripel? I was looking for
something of compound projections to satisfy the OpenGIS interfaces.
We found a Japanese document which named one as Winkel 3. ESRI's
"Understanding Map Projections" book named Winkel Tripel, not using
the term compound projection anyway.

> > Finally, is Gerald I. Evenden's site down?
> > http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2hc4d/proj4/
>
> Not that I know of.  I clicked the above and it came up.
>
> > I have tried several times to access it without success.

I do not know why, I was using IE 6.x. I have just tried it again in
Mozilla Firebird and without success. The firebird displayed a message box

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact
members.bellatlantic.net"

Best regards,
Paul.