[OSRS-PROJ] Horrors of --- Krovak projection

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Fri Feb 14 10:54:32 EST 2003

I follow Lobochevski's rule: "Plagiarize!  Let nothing evade your eyes!
But please, let us call it research." (from old Tom Lehar song)
(please pardon possible misspellings). ;-)

I pulled down a copy of  proj-4.4.5.tar but did not find anything
about Krovak.  I presume this code is still on your "desk."

I would be glad to look at anything.  At the moment I nearly have
the rehacked code functioning but still in need of "refinements."

I was also working on a TeX/pdf of a writeup for Krovak that contains
the math in readable form---so far, the Czech site looks like the
only reliable source---at least it matches the code.

I would do a map but I don't have any vector data suitable for
medium scale European area showing current politics.

Because of getting the "long lost sources" back onto my current
machine due to Mike Schmidt's needs, I fell into a spasm of
doing some updates to PROJ.4.