[OSRS-PROJ] Horrors of --- Krovak projection

Karl Swartz karl at kls2.com
Mon Feb 17 12:18:00 EST 2003

> I am a little confused here.  Are there two "Geralds" out there?
> Someone did the reply about the fax number who wasn't me with
> a number that is not even in my area code.  I was confused but
> to shutup to avoid more confusion.

It appears that Frank responded with his fax number.  Such is the
problem that arises from sending a request to one individual to an
entire mailing list.

Of course, the configuration of the mailing list (a simple reply goes to
the list, not to the sender of the message to which you are replying)
doesn't help matters -- it's non-trivial to reply to just the one person
to whom you think you are replying.  Many people regard that as a Really
Bad Thing, and I know of at least one case where it very nearly led to a
list participant being fired for inadvertently releasing confidential
information.  (He replied to one of his colleagues, or so he thought.)

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	karl at kls2.com		http://www.kls2.com/~karl/
  - Andrew A. Rooney