[OSRS-PROJ] Re: Weirdnesses in the source code

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 8 14:24:15 EDT 2003

Ton Hospel wrote:
> mm, this is from ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/proj/proj-4.4.7.tar.gz
> Is there anything more recent I should be looking at instead ?

Ton,

proj-4.4.7 is current for the remotesensing.org releases.  Gerald
is talking about libproj4, his next generation of PROJ.4 where he
focuses on just the projection support.  At some point in the not
to distant future it is my intention to rebuild my version of PROJ.4
to use his libproj4 for projections, and add the various other
services (datum shifting, dictionary lookup, etc) on top of it.  So
as long as Gerald fixes the issues in his version they will eventually
flow into what is released through remotesensing.org.

Geralds libproj4 web site is at:
   http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2hc4d/proj4/