[OSRS-PROJ] projection formulation

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Wed Jul 30 13:03:31 EDT 2003

What is "gdalwarptest?"

What you seem to be describing is the segmented global map divided
into equatorial and polar regions.  So?  This is not the first time
although the latitude of transition is normally further North & South.

Segmenting a map (a good example is the typical display of Goode's
projection in most atlas' as well as in PROJ's manual is a graphical
operation.  Windowing and clipping of data into the segments is
not a function of PROJ.  PROJ is used only in projecting the data
using unique initializations for each window segment.

For the rather bizarre polar regions, a PROJ projection would have
to be developed mathematically and coded.