[OSRS-PROJ] projection formulation

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Wed Jul 30 16:17:58 EDT 2003

Dividing the map into the three regions proposed would not be a
PROJ function.  The only thing that "might" be coded into PROJ is
the odd polar projection.  Why not use the polar aspect of
azimuthal equidistant (a projection nearly as simple as the
equirectagular)?  Don't look for me to do the polar projection
unless you can find a significant group to support such a
projection.

But dividing the data into the three graphic regions is still
not a function of PROJ as there are no features withing the
system to do the windowing.