[OSRS-PROJ] Re: [GRASS5] Fw: Use of LINZ grid file

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 10:27:45 EDT 2003

Hello Hamish

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, H Bowman wrote:

> micro-executive summary:
> .. we can distribute the New Zealand NTv2 grid file with GRASS if we like ..

Looks good and it seems to work so I have added it to the GRASS CVS.

> I did try using the .gsb file with the 5.0 CVS snapshot of GRASS as per
> Paul's instructions, but couldn't get it to work properly. But I can't
> get cs2cs to work with it now either, so I'll have to sort that out
> first. (file not found)
> I did have it working with cs2cs a couple of weeks back though..?

cs2cs doesn't look in the current directory by default; you need to use
+nadgrids=./nzgd2kgrid0005.gsb for example, but I think you knew that.

If you run g.setproj in GRASS and select the nzgd49 datum, it should now
offer you the choice of using the grid for your datum transformation
parameters. You will need to have the latest PROJ.4.4.7 installed and have
compiled GRASS using the --with-proj option to the configure script. (The
version of PROJ that comes with GRASS won't work with NTv2 files.)

Also (this may be of interest to PROJ people as well), I didn't get any
feedback on my NTv2 file for France yet. Is it useful to anybody and / or
does it work?
It is at
http://www.stjohnspoint.co.uk/gis/france.htm

Paul Kelly