[OSRS-PROJ] Oblique Stereographic

Administrator jnovak at novacell.com
Tue Mar 4 23:08:35 EST 2003

Sweet...

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald I. Evenden [mailto:gerald.evenden at verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 7:45 PM
To: osrs-proj at remotesensing.org
Subject: RE: [OSRS-PROJ] Oblique Stereographic

I think I make a statement earlier today that I was on a roll. Well as
of this evening the forward for the alternate Oblique Stereographic
checks with the EPSG bench mark.

After checking with the general description from EPSG and one of
Snyder's books, the projection looked like another variation on the work
I did on Krovak.  So being a good thief I copied the Krovak over,
replaced the conic with the spherical
oblique stereographic from Snyder and ... .

I think there might be a general routine here, like the oblique stuff in
libproj that will do the conformal sphere transform and then call the
spherical projection of your choice.  Hey, you folks can cook up a bunch
of new projections and give them names of your choice.

Time to pull the switch and get ready for the "Daily Show."