[OSRS-PROJ] The alternate Oblique Stereographic Projection

Paul Selormey paul at toolscenter.org
Wed Mar 5 23:23:42 EST 2003

Hello Gerald,
Thanks for the updates and the great work.
I have just visited your site for the first time.

I must say that I am personally not impressed by your "Basic Concern"
section. You have expressed your views on this forum, but making it
a public compaign message seems a bit out of the way.

Frank could have renamed the library, in which case the original version
will continue to exist. In fact, there is no reason why you should not
maintain the original version and distribute it for anyone interested.

You or the Proj4 project may have some target, but Frank definitely also
have
some target like anyone here.
Modifications to satisfy the target is a natural thing and we should all
respect it.
If current Proj4 does not meet my target, I think I will fork it to get what
I needed.

I personally respect and admire you a lot for the great work done,
but reading the stuff there was not encouraging at all.
Please consider getting ride of it - this is my personal view.

Best regards,
Paul.