[OSRS-PROJ] proj-4.4.6 can't find epsg

Leah Roderman elrod at oaktownunderground.com
Wed Mar 19 13:22:00 EST 2003

No, I haven't seen any output of "failed" or "succeeded" in my log. When I use "init=espg:2163" in my projection, Apache logs an error and MapServer outputs to browser the projection library error; using "proj=aea" I only see the error in the Apache log.

I've done quite a bit of tinkering with the access, such as setting all permissions on for /usr/local/share/proj, changing Apache user to one with broad privileges, setting PROJ_LIB to a distinct directory owned by Apache user, testing /usr/local/bin/proj_def.dat as an option...etc. Nothing seems to make a difference. But to safely eliminate access to system libs as a problem, it seems unlikely that I could run proj from the command line if it couldn't access stdio.h. So, back to the access investigation...

(ignore mention of PHP earlier, just me getting my fopen() confused.)