[OSRS-PROJ] Using PROJ for location estimation in wireless environment
Robert.Saxon at motorola.com
Fri May 30 16:47:30 EDT 2003
I am looking for a second method to use for location estimation.
I am working with a communication system that can provide some
estimation on distance. The setup is as follows:
- I have 3 or more fixed positions in Lat/Long (GPS).
Maximum distance between each point is under 30 miles.
- I have a relative distance between my target location
and each fixed point.
- Goal is to provide estimate of Lat/Long of the target based
on the fixed locations and the relative distance.
I have the following information:
1. Lat/Long of fixed point F1.
2. Distance in meter from target to F1.
3. Lat/Long of fixed point F2.
4. Distance in meter from target to F2.
5. Lat/Long of fixed point F3.
6. Distance in meter from target to F3
I am look for ideas on how to use "proj" software to guest-to-mate
the Lat/Long of my target location. I have software that does this
but want a "second opinion". Can I use "proj" commands to accomplish
Robert A. Saxon
PROJ.4 Discussion List
See http://www.remotesensing.org/proj for subscription, unsubscription
and other information.
More information about the Proj