[OSRS-PROJ] Projection Information Weather Satellite

Ray Bryan E 2Lt 1 OSS/OSW Bryan.Ray at langley.af.mil
Fri Oct 3 10:31:37 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I'm new to the mailing list and was wondering if anyone knows the projection
(i.e. stereographic, orthographic, etc...) of the following linked image.
I'm trying to write an app that will successfully navigate this image
(display lat / lon at cursor position), but I need the projection info
first.  I have successfully done this with a different image (stereographic
) using Proj4.

Image link:
http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconusir.html
<http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconusir.html>

The image is derived from a geostationary weather satellite located at -75
degrees longitude and the equator.

Bryan