[OSRS-PROJ] proj4 parameter question regarding UTM

Hersman, William willy.hersman at conocophillips.com
Fri Feb 6 19:51:29 EST 2004

Then that is what you are getting.  There is a limitation in accuracy you should be aware of when you jump several zones from true zone with a mercator projection.  It has to do with how many terms are carried out in the algorithm.  I'm not qualified to explain it, but be aware that some projections are more appropriate than others, depending on the shape and length of the area you are trying to use project into a single zone.