[SPAM] - Re: [OSRS-PROJ] Error projecting Geographic to UPS - Email found in subject

Charles D. Van Dusen charlie at im-design.net
Wed Jan 7 16:02:46 EST 2004

 Hi Frank

Thanks for the reply.

This from the proj manual:

Universal Polar Stereographic (UPS) Projection
Usage and options: +proj=ups +south
The ups projection is a special case polar aspect of the Stereographic
projection
designed to cover the regions where   84 N or   80 S. The internal
Stereographic
parameters are fixed at k0 = 0.994, 0 = 0, x0 = y0 = 2, 000, 000m, and
0 is either 90 N when +south is not specified or 90 S when +south is
specified.
Elliptical parameters must be used (either proj default or entered as
option). Also
see the Universal Transverse Mercator (utm) projection (p. 12).

So, I presumed that using the option -o"proj=ups" would suffice.

Could you clarify?

Thanks

Charlie