[OSRS-PROJ] SOM-A

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 23 16:45:42 EST 2004

Gerald Evenden wrote:
> Space obl.. merc is in PROJ.4, basically a copy of gctp.
>
> +proj=lsat

Gerald,

It's embarrassing what I don't know sometimes.  I see it is driven by
the lsat (presumably land sat number) and path values much like the old
GCTP formulations I have seen.  Would it be hard to update the code to
support the explicit parameters JPL is suggesting?

  3 Inclination of orbit ascending node.  (angular units)
  4 Longitude of ascending orbit at equator.  (angular units)
  7 Period of satellite revolution.  (time in minutes)
  8 Satellite ratio.  This controls the start and end points of the  map on
     the earth surface.

My presumption is that these are being computed internally from the landsat
number and path ... is that right?  Are these JPL guys going at the problem
in a good way to reduce the projection to it's underlying parameters or is
it just going to make it a huge hassle for people to enter?