[OSRS-PROJ] Unknown USSR projection

David Orme d.orme at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 9 04:46:48 EST 2004

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for hints and help so far. Just to be clear, I have
added the 10 degree lat/long lines - the only lat/long mark on the
original is the dotted line of the arctic circle. The latitudes are
centred on the best fit circle I could find to the the arctic circle
curve and the longitudes radiate from there - they aren't perfect but
they are close enough to suggest that the map is some form of conic.

Cheers,
David