[OSRS-PROJ] Roussilhe Oblique Stereographic

werchowyna at pf.pl werchowyna at pf.pl
Tue Mar 9 17:36:34 EST 2004

Hello everyone! This my first post to this list. My name is Maciek.

I'm using Grass 5.03.

I need to make a mapset in a projection called Roussilhe Oblique
Stereographic (alias
Quasi-Stereographic).

The system name is "Uklad 1965" (eng. "System 1965"). It's an old, the most
popular and widely used system in Poland. The ellipsoid is Krassovsky, datum
Pulkovo 1942 modified for Poland.

Issue - there is no projection called like Roussilhe or Quasi-Stereographic
in Grass.

At http://crs.ifag.de they suggest to use Stereographic. Is it right? If so,
then WHAT SHOULD I INPUT FOR "LATITUDE OF TRUE SCALE". No such info is
provided in any literature regarding the "System 1965".

Any suggestions welcome!

Maciek Sieczka