[Proj] PROJ 4.4.9 Released

Andrea Antonello andrea.antonello at hydrologis.com
Sat Oct 30 00:42:49 EDT 2004

Hi Frank,
I don't know if I should post issues like this on the list or where. Let me
know.

The Makefile compilation with jni support doesn't come to an end. It misses
the jni.h header file. I tried to add includedir, but no luck:
 ./configure --with-jni
--includedir="/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/include/linux/ /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/include/"

Any idea?

Andrea

On Saturday 30 October 2004 06:18, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have prpeared a new PROJ.4 release, 4.4.9.  It is available for download
> at:
>
>    ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/proj/proj-4.4.9.tar.gz
>    ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/proj/proj-4.4.9.zip
>
>  From the NEWS file:
>
> 4.4.9 Release Notes
> -------------------
>
>   o Win32 build uses proj.dll by default now.
>
>   o Added accessor functions for the datums, ellps, prime_meridians, units
> and main projection definition lists so they can be used on windows where
> data objects exported from the DLL don't work easily.
>
>   o Added JNI (Java Native Interface) support within the jniwrap directory,
>     and some supporting entry points directly in the proj dll/so.   See
>     --with-jni configure switch, and jniwrap/README.
>
>   o Added the proj=stereoa and proj=geos projections, incorporated from
>     Gerald's libproj4.
>
>   o A few other bug fixes.
>
> Please report any problems via bugzilla.
>
> Best regards,

HydroloGIS - Environmental Open Source Solutions
www.hydrologis.com

Andrea Antonello
Environmental Engineer
mobile:  +393288497722
email: andrea.antonello at hydrologis.com

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik