[Proj] PROJ 4.4.9 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Oct 30 12:42:49 EDT 2004

Andrea Antonello wrote:
> Hi Frank,
> I don't know if I should post issues like this on the list or where. Let me
> know.
>
> The Makefile compilation with jni support doesn't come to an end. It misses
> the jni.h header file. I tried to add includedir, but no luck:
>  ./configure --with-jni
> --includedir="/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/include/linux/ /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/include/"
>
> Any idea?

Andrea,

I believe the --includedir configure directive controls where PROJ.4 include
files would be installed, not where to search for include files during
the build.

Currently there is no configure mechanism I am aware of to control where the
jni.h file is searched for.  The work around for now is to manually edit
the src/Makefile after configuration and add -I/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/include
or whatever is appropriate to the definition of the DEFAULT_INCLUDES macro.

In CVS I have changed the --with-jni flag to accept a directory which will
be added to the include list when building and even for configure to check
for jni.h by default.

One thing I noted is that the j2sdk stuff requires *two* directories (the
main one and the "linux" system dependent directory).  At this point I
am sufficiently fed up with configure hacking that I am not going to try
and address this.  I just copied all the files from the main directory
down into the system dependent directory and pointed to that in configure.

I hate configure.  I hate libtool.   I hate automake.

Sorry ... had to get that out of my system.