[Proj] PROJ 4.4.9 Released

Andrea Antonello moovida at katamail.com
Sat Oct 30 13:53:21 EDT 2004

> Andrea,
>
> I believe the --includedir configure directive controls where PROJ.4
> include files would be installed, not where to search for include files
> during the build.
>
> Currently there is no configure mechanism I am aware of to control where
> the jni.h file is searched for.  The work around for now is to manually
> edit the src/Makefile after configuration and add
> -I/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/include or whatever is appropriate to the
> definition of the DEFAULT_INCLUDES macro.
>
> In CVS I have changed the --with-jni flag to accept a directory which will
> be added to the include list when building and even for configure to check
> for jni.h by default.
>
> One thing I noted is that the j2sdk stuff requires *two* directories (the
> main one and the "linux" system dependent directory).  At this point I
> am sufficiently fed up with configure hacking that I am not going to try
> and address this.  I just copied all the files from the main directory
> down into the system dependent directory and pointed to that in configure.
>
> I hate configure.  I hate libtool.   I hate automake.
>
> Sorry ... had to get that out of my system.

Hi Frank,
sorry for the rumble :)

I don't know a thing about the nice tools you hate, I'm sorry.

If someone in the list has the knowledge to redirect me, I could try to do
something to solve this.

Btw, I added in the created Makefile the second folder at the created line:
JNI_INCLUDE = -I/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/include/
but it doesn't work nevertheless.

Any idea why that occurs?

Best regards,
Andrea

HydroloGIS - Environmental Open Source Solutions
www.hydrologis.com

Andrea Antonello
Environmental Engineer
mobile:  +393288497722

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik