[Proj] libproj4 thread safety

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Sun Apr 24 10:11:00 EDT 2005

I believe the thread business applies to all Unix and clone systems.  It
is addressed as a POSIX standard.

An M$ expert will have to address threads on the "other" OS.

I am a newbie to the thread usage but I can see valid and useful
applications
of threads and potential application of libproj4 as a thread entity.
For example,
I currently generate my figures for the manual with two different
programs.  They
could be combined into one with the graticule and coastline being
generated
in parallel threads using a global projection structure.  I'm sure
others can
come up with more meaningful examples.