[Proj] Local Projection Selection

Noel Zinn ndzinn at houston.rr.com
Sun Aug 7 13:02:57 EDT 2005

Partick,

Is this a 3D problem?  Is it important for your "nearest neighbour search
using bounding box trees, and other things which are just easier to do in an
euclidian space" that the vertical dimension be preserved?

If so, you might consider using Earth-Centered Earth-Fixed 3D coordinates or
some local-horizontal or local-vertical flavor thereof.

Noel