[Proj] Local Projection Selection

Patrick Mézard pmezard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 15:38:22 EDT 2005

I am considering points on earth surface without elevation.
I have not thought about a full fledge 3D cartesian space. However, the
distances I have to compute are "geodesic" ones (or maybe "geoidic") not
euclidian distances. And I assumed that approximating in a 3D space
instead of a projective plane would be worse in term of accuracy, but I
may be wrong. It may be faster to computer however, but I am not even
sure since WGS84 => stereo-whatever has no reason to perform a cartesian
space rountrip as it is done when datum shifts are required.

Patrick Mézard