[Proj] Slightly off subject

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Tue Feb 8 23:55:10 EST 2005

Several years ago I used to distribute proj as an .exe file so one could
at least use the system on M$ systems without having to go through
the transportation/compilation problems.

I have 98 on one of my systems and one can still get to a DOS command
line and thus could still use something like lproj.exe.  But I got
curious
about the latest (NT?) and stopped by the local Staples to see if I
could
find a DOS entry on their demo machines.  No such luck.  I asked a
salesman
about it and wasn't sure he even knew what I was talking about.

My question is: can one do command line operations on the latest M$
OS's?  That is, have a "terminal" screen?

Sorry, I know this must be heresy to some and incomprehensible to
others.