[Proj] Slightly off subject

Andy Canfield andy.canfield at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 00:01:37 EST 2005

Yes, I use it every day at work. The Windows command line has become
very Unix like and less DOS like as you move into the NT, WIN2K and XP
operating systems. Largely because the shell group in charge of it has
a very heavy Unix background. Go to your start button, find the run
option and type in cmd it will pop open the command line. Lots of good
addins for the Windows command line out there now too that allow all
sorts of scripting to be done. Heck all the old stuff more or less is
still in there also. Even edlin is still in there.