[Proj] Projection of SHP file nightmare.

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Tue Jul 19 13:59:40 EDT 2005

Problem:
another way?

I know the *.prj files hold projection data. Can you 'trick' the files
by editing those?

Main Projection (of projected and unprojected data)
-----------------------------
UTM
NAD83 zone 18 (18T according to topographic series if that makes a
difference)

Primary Software tools
GRASS
QGIS
UDIG
UDIG
(would like to avoid booting up windows to use ARCVIEW, GFOSS should be
at this stage)

Extra notes:
--------------------
In reference to my next mailing to the list I get these lines when I run
PROJ from the prompt. Any ideas?

sampson at dryad proj-4.4.9 $ proj

proj: Symbol `pj_list' has different size in shared object, consider
re-linking
proj: Symbol `pj_release' has different size in shared object, consider
re-linking
Rel. 4.4.9, 29 Oct 2004
usage: proj [ -beEfiIlormsStTvVwW [args] ] [ +opts[=arg] ] [ files ]

sampson at dryad proj-4.4.9 $

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|