[Proj] PROJ from the comand line (Symbol ERROR)

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Tue Jul 19 16:39:39 EDT 2005

Frank,

This is so much fun. Thanks on two counts.... the OGR aproach worked on
my various projections (whoever is responsbile  for GDAl and  OGR must
be a genius... these must be Canadian.. next task is to try and see if
GDAL can do the same with raster...

The proj is now all figured out... unmerged a version, and no screaming.
This might also make compiling easier without having to direct include
dirs, maybe.

Frank, thanks for the education (and the programing). My job is fun again.

Cheers

>On 7/19/05, Dave Sampson <gis at watersheds.ca> wrote:
>

>>Carl Godkin,
>>
>>Interesting, this is a new program for me: ldd -v returned
>>
>> linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
>>        libproj.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libproj.so.0 (0xb7fac000)
>>        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xb7f8b000)
>>        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7e90000)
>>        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7fee000)
>>
>>        Version information:
>>        /usr/bin/proj:
>>

>The above seems to imply that you have a "system provided'
>version of PROJ install in /usr/lib and /usr/bin and a version you
>built yourself installed in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/bin.  Your PATH
>likely grabs the /usr/bin/proj first, but something else cause it to
>use /usr/local/lib -- hence the mismatch.
>
>If you are handy with your gentoo packaging system you should likely
>uninstall the proj package in /usr/bin and /usr/lib.  If not, just remove it
>manually.
>
>eg.
>
>su
>rm -f /usr/bin/proj /usr/bin/cs2cs
>rm -f /usr/lib/libproj.so*
>
>Best regards,

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|